Monday, April 7, 2008

Why a red thread?


"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." -- Ancient Chinese Belief

During the wait of receiving our daughter I wore a little red threaded bracelet around my wrist - 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. Some people would ask me if I wore it because I was practicing the religion of Kabbalah. Instead when people would ask, it gave me the opportunity to share my belief in adoption. Once I saw our daughters face for the first time, I put the bracelet on and swore I wouldn't take it off until I had her in my arms.

You see, two and a half years ago we were blessed with a second daughter....and she is from China.

Although my husband and I were blessed with two biological children, we always knew that someday we would adopt a child. We never knew when or where, we just knew it was something that we shared in our hearts long before we were even married.

The journey to our daughter was the most amazing experience for our entire family. I hope this blog will enable us to share our family's story of adoption along with our crazy and very hectic lives.


No comments: